Who we are
Your personal information will be held by Cassiltoun Housing Association. This privacy statement covers Cassiltoun Housing Association and it's subsidiaries, each of whom processes your personal information for different purposes.
This privacy statement explains how we collect and use personal information about you.
When you visit our website, we collect personal information about you when you:
- pay your rent;
- pay your factoring bill;
- report a repair to us;
- make a complaint to us;
- complete and submit a “contact us” form to us; and
- log in to your account via the Customer Login.
We use such personal information to:
- provide you with the services that you have requested from us;
- communicate with you, including in response to any of your enquiries;
- improve our services and respond to changing needs;
- process your rent payments;
- carry out repairs to your property;
- handle and resolve complaints made by / against you;
- keep the personal information that we hold about you accurate and up-to-date (if you provide any new personal information to us via the website); and
- signpost you to organisations that can offer benefits and debt advice and support.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may share your personal information with the following organisations for the purposes described above:
- our contractors to undertake repairs, works and maintenance;
- organisations providing benefits advice and support; and
- Police Scotland and the local authority anti-social behaviour department in relation to complaints involving anti-social or other criminal behaviour.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as we need to for the purposes described above, including to meet any legal, accounting, reporting or regulatory requirements. More information is contacted in our data retention policy.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
The security of your personal information is of paramount importance to us and we use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information.
However, while we will use reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and, for this reason, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that is transferred by or to you via the Internet. If you have any concerns about the security of your personal information, please contact our DPO for more information.
It is important that the personal information that we collect, hold and use about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed of any changes by contacting our assigned DPO. We have engaged the services of RGDP LLP (www.rgdp.co.uk) to act as our Data Protection Officer. To contact them please email email@example.com and copy us in at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under certain circumstances, the law gives you the right to request:
- A copy of your personal information and to check that we are holding and using it in accordance with legal requirements.
- Correction of any incomplete or inaccurate personal information that we hold and use about you.
- Deletion of your personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to hold and use it. You also have the right to ask us to do this where you object to us holding and using your personal information (details below).
- Temporarily suspend the use of your personal information, for example, if you want us to check that it is correct or the reason for processing it.
- The transfer of your personal information to another organisation.
You can also object to us holding and using your personal information where our legal basis is a legitimate interest (either our legitimate interests or those of a third party).
Please contact our DPO if you wish to make any of the above requests. To contact them please email email@example.com and copy us in at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you make a request, we may ask you for specific information to help us confirm your identity for security reasons. You will not need to pay a fee when you make any of the above requests, but we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to comply if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive.
We keep this privacy statement under regular review and will place any updates on this website.
This privacy statement was last updated on 14th October 2019.
Contact information and further advice
Cassiltoun Housing Association have appointed a data protection officer. If you have any questions about this privacy statement or how we handle your personal information please contact the data protection officer by e-mailing email@example.com.
We seek to resolve directly all complaints about how we handle personal information but you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Scottish Information Commissioner.