Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Cassiltoun Housing Association is committed to promoting equality, valuing diversity, and challenging prejudice and discrimination in all its forms.
The following actions will support us sustain our aim of being an inclusive organisation where tenants, service users and staff have a real sense of belonging: -
- We will put equality at the heart of our service provision so that our tenants, service users and community members have their individual needs recognised, are treated fairly and with respect, and receive fair access to housing and all other services.
- We will put equality at the heart of our people policies so that the people we employ share and uphold our values and that our recruitment efforts attract talented applicants who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
- We will ensure that our procedures and practices for appointments to our Governing Body are open and accessible to all.
- We will endeavour to create and maintain an inclusive organisational culture that enables all our people to thrive, knowing that they can safely bring their whole selves to the workplace.
- We will deliver equality training to support staff, volunteers and Board members undertake their roles in an inclusive and respectful way.
- We will respect the privacy of our staff, tenants, volunteers, Board members and service users, and we will take all necessary steps to ensure that the equality information we collect, store, and analyse is held securely and that confidentiality is maintained.
- We will encourage people who witness or experience discrimination in any aspect of the RSL’s activities, to raise these in conjunction with our policies and procedures and will take a zero-tolerance approach to hate crime in any form.
Please view a copy of the Association's Equality & Human Rights Policy.