We view volunteering as a fantastic way to contribute to your community, build on an interest, have your say, gain some experience, share and develop skills, and, as one of our volunteers regularly highlights, to "get out the house". We value those who give their time across the Association and amongst our various Community Projects. We work alongside people to ensure that they are getting what they want out of volunteering. This may be:
- accredited training such as First Aid, Food Hygiene, Brushcutter Licence or Chainsaw Licence
- developing our Volunteer Development Programme with us to cover topics of interest, for example, Confidence Building, Assertiveness, Health and Safety, Stress Management, and Challenging Behaviour
- support to access further opportunities such as attending training/workshops in other areas, providing references, support with CV writing, passing on knowledge of what's going on elsewhere
- influencing what we deliver from what projects we prioritise for funding, to design and delivery of events and activities
- gaining awards such as the Duke of Edinburgh Award, Saltire Award or Community Achievement Award
- simply a regular place to come to for good company and a constant flow of hot drinks!
Have a look to the drop down boxes to the left to find out different ways to get involved and why others volunteer - don't see anything that you're interested in however want to get involved? We really do want to hear from you - contact the Community Team by phone, email, or private message our Facebook Page.
Not sure what to expect from volunteering? Have a look at our video thanking all the volunteers for their various contributions throughout the year. We really couldn't do all the things we do without their help and support: Celebrating Volunteers Week 2021
For more info you can contact us below:
Phone: 0141 634 2673