Rent payable in advance and rent increase
Your tenancy agreement will take effect from your date of entry. This is regardless of the date on which this Agreement is signed. This Agreement will continue from the entry date until 28th of each month and after that on a calendar monthly basis.
- Your rent is payable in advance by you on or before the first day of each rental period.
- We may provide services in connection with your tenancy. If we do, they are set out in a separate document together with the cost of each of those services. That document will also state whether the services are optional or compulsory. That document forms part of this Agreement. It is a condition of this Agreement that you pay for those compulsory services unless those services are housing support services provided free of charge.
- We will consult you about any proposed increase in rent or service charge and have regard to your opinions before we make our decision. We are entitled to change the amount of rent and any service charge, as long as we tell you in writing at least four weeks before the beginning of the rental period when the change is to start. We will not normally change the rent or service charge more than once every twelve months. You have a right to a statement of our rent and service charge policy.
If you break any part of this Agreement, we may:
- take legal action against you (including eviction proceedings) AND
- charge you for any resulting losses we have suffered including any legal expenses as assessed by the court.
- You can telephone us or write to us if you would like to know more about anything contained in this Agreement. We will do our best to help you. You can also get independent advice and information from a number of organisations such as Law Centres, Solicitors, Housing Advice Centres, Citizens Advice Scotland, Tenants Associations, and the Equality and Human Rights Commission.
- If you want another copy of this Agreement, we will provide one on request. If you want a copy of it in another language or another form (such as Braille or audio tape), please tell us and we will provide you with one as soon as we can. However, in the event of any dispute, it is this version of the Agreement which is binding on you and us.